Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Each year on March 17th, we participate in the holiday fun by wearing green, eating Irish potatoes, or running out to enjoy a famous Shamrock Shake. With almost 113 grams of sugar and over 500 calories, our Camp NAC team found a healthier alternative to the delicious minty drink that’s just as festive.
- 1 cup of a leafy green of your choice (ex. baby spinach or kale)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract (Add for taste)
- 4 ice cubes This was probably about 3/4 cup. Adjust this step depending on the size o0f you size cups, as well how icy you want the drink
- Honey and Stevia are optional add ins, this all depends on how sweet the bananas you used was
- Optional Whipped Cream
- Place all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth
- Add whipped cream for a nice finish
This simple recipe is great for campers and parents to make at home. Check out our Cooking Camps for campers who love creating in the kitchen like Baking Bootcamp, Farm to Table and even International Culinary! Click here to learn more.