What does wellness look like to you? Our second 6-week Kid’s Wellness Series, starting November 8th through December 13th, focuses on ways to encourage a healthy body and healthy mind by utilizing tools that children can use throughout their entire lifetime. We strive to help children foster a healthy lifestyle that builds a positive mindset through wellness and mindfulness.
Below is our approach to enhance wellness as a whole:
- Building Positive Mindsets
- Engage children and encourage self-discovery through open discussion on what wellness looks like to them, and create vision boards which encourages goal setting, focus, and motivation.
- Healthy minds enable children to form positive relationships and conquer life’s challenges. As a result, children have the ability to reach their full potential and enable them to enjoy and appreciate other people, day to day life, and most importantly learn to love themselves.
- Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
- Teach children the importance of physical activity, stretching, and discuss the importance of pre and post-workout fuel.
- Learning to maintain health (both physical and mental) is one of the most important things you can teach your child. Overall fitness affects everything from a child’s behavior to their ability to focus on tasks.
- Engage in Action & Help the Earth
- Create beneficial tangible goods like hygiene kits for the homeless, to promote a sense of purpose and compassion.
- We chose the mindset “plant your seed and watch it grow,” thus creating an environment where the children’s ideas are planted as seeds and blossom into reality.
- Fuel Your Body, Feed Your Soul
- Hands-on nutrition class with a Registered Dietitian, which inspires children to have a greater interest in food in a safe, fun, and confidence-building environment.
- Our focus is on seasonal healthy snacks and super foods!
- Nutrition is important at any age and can help children establish a foundation for healthy eating habits and nutritional knowledge that they can apply throughout life.
- Importance of Balance & Your Breathe
- Mat Pilates is a modality that focuses on controlled breathing as you perform body weight-resisted movement to build a stronger core.
- This practice also focuses on bringing awareness to breathe and links the understanding between breathing and emotional well-being, which is very important. Breathing techniques can help a child’s body and relax their mind.
- We also add reiki to the end of our practice as a holistic approach for reducing stress and instilling a sense of balance.
- The Power of Meditation & Relaxed Mind
- Chakra Balance Yoga helps unite a child’s mind/body/spirit by teaching breathing practices, proper postures, and deep relaxation.
- Chakras are seven energy centers in the body that affect physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being. With certain yoga postures, children begin to awaken and balance their chakras. The energy begins to move in the right direction bringing positivity, peace, clarity, high energy, balance, and success.
- Meditation is a strategy for reducing stress and promoting mental wellness.
Teaching children at a young age about mindfulness, wellness, and compassion is essential for their well-being, and becomes a foundation in which they carry into their daily lives. Each experience we offer is personalized to help each child have a meaningful and positive experience that aligns with the overall importance of creating their own concept of a healthy body, healthy mind.
**To sign up for our 6-week Kid’s Wellness Series or for more additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-944-8860.**